We are currently looking for a Plant Manager to join our team.
To lead the plant’s manufacturing team to produce the highest quality product at the in the most efficient manner possible, while operating the plant in compliance with all Pavestone policies and procedures.
The Plant Manager is the direct representative of the General Manager in the manufacturing facility. He also works with the General Manager to establish production schedules, review maintenance issues, and production personnel readiness. Additionally, he is responsible for:
1) All aspects of production including:
• Continuous improvement in product quality, including periodic product testing.
• Maintaining the highest condition of equipment readiness, plant cleanliness and storage, and production line efficiency.
• Maintaining an adequate inventories to satisfy sales volumes
• Working closely with the Plant Maintenance Manager regarding all maintenance issues and scheduling preventive and corrective maintenance.
2) All aspects of the plant personnel’s proficiency in equipment operations, maintenance, and adherence to company policies including:
• Schedule production shifts in order to meet the required production schedule.
• Training all operators and shifts to improve their level of knowledge and proficiency of machine operations and safety.
• Conducts the weekly safety meetings.
• Coordinating with the General Manager to screen, test, hire, and terminate plant personnel.
• Performing employees evaluations and setting employee goals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Willingness and ability to learn how to operate machinery and equipment.
• Demonstrated history of working in a team oriented environment with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Positive “can do” attitude and ability to motivate team.
• Self-starter. Able to work independently, plan, prioritize, coordinate, delegate, manage and complete work.
• Proficient basic mathematical skills.
• Able to analyze problem circumstances, solve problems, and give direction regarding problem resolution in an expeditious fashion.
• Possesses effective time management skills. Able to “switch gears” between tasks without losing focus.
• Proficient in a variety of PC-based software applications.
• Operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver's license and a satisfactory driving record.
• Must be able to read, understand and write general business communication.
• Give and receive detailed information through verbal and written communication. Spanish speaking a plus.